Grilled Chorizo Burger With Avocado Aioli
- 1 pound BOULDER SAUSAGE chorizo
- 1 pound BOULDER SAUSAGE hot or mild bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1 onion cut in rings
- 1 tomato sliced
- 6 to 8 leaves of butter lettuce
- 2 large avocados pitted & halved
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Mince garlic and scrape into mixing bowl. Add the rest of the aioli ingredients and mix until smooth. Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
2.Mix the chorizo and Italian sausage together in a bowl. Make 4 equal-size patties, and flatten to 4″ rounds.
3. Butter and toast the rolls
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until the water is evaporated. Sear uncovered until slightly crispy for about 2 minutes, then remove to rest.
5.Spread equal amounts of the avocado aioli on the toasted rolls, then top the bottom rolls with the patty, lettuce, tomato, and onion, then the top rolls.
Alice 105.9 Virtual Memorial Day Cook-off
This recipe was featured in our first ever Virtual Memorial Day BBQ Cook-off, where we teamed up with Alice 105.9 to have Slacker and Steve go head-to-head and find out who the best grill master is.