Oktoberfest Sausage Dinner
1 to 2 packages of Boulder Sausage Bratwurst
2 teaspoons butter
1 medium onion cut into wedges
32 ounces sauerkraut
1 cup apple juice
2 medium apples seeded and cut into wedges
6 each red skinned potatoes peeled and cut in half
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1. Cook bratwurst in frying pan, on medium heat, with a tablespoon of olive oil.
– Alternatively: You can cook the sausage by boiling it in beer. This will give it a stronger beer flavor, however, it will reduce the natural flavor from the spices in the sausage. We never recommend boiling it in water, as this will leave the sausage flavorless.
2. Brown sausage in butter in a frying pan then move to a 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Top with the onion, sauerkraut (using half of the liquid), apples, potatoes. Add the apple juice and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake in a casserole dish at 350℉ for 45 minutes to 1 hour until potatoes are tender.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve.
We would like to thank RecipeLand.com for this classic recipe