Baked Chorizo Taquitos
1 package Boulder Sausage Chorizo
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Orange pepper, finely chopped
Shredded Red cabbage
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large skillet, saute half of the chopped onion and pepper over medium heat until onions are slightly translucent. Add chorizo and continue to cook until browned – about 6 minutes
- Drain excess oil from the cooked sausage.
- Sprinkle lightly with 1/4 of the cotija, and set sausage aside to cool.
- Cook tortillas one at a time in a lightly oiled skillet until they are soft and pliable, about 30 seconds per side.
- Place a tortilla on a work surface and spoon the sausage mixture down the center.
- Roll the torillas, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake, turning them every 5 to 7 minutes to get even browning, until filling is hot and tortilla is crisp and golden brown – about 12 to 18 minutes.
- Top with cotija cheese, salsa and sour cream and serve with shredded cabbage and radish on the side.