Denver Channel 7’s Mike Nelson is turning up the heat in their new segment, Cooking with Mike! Mike’s admittedly terrible cooking skills make him the perfect host for this cooking series, which is sponsored by our friends at Specialty Appliance. On this episode of Cooking with Mike, Chef Dan and Mike are preparing these delectable Green Chile Meatballs – perfect for appetizers during your big game watch party or a side dish for any meal.
Recipe and video are provided courteous of Specialty Appliance and Denver Channel 7.
- 1 package of Hot Italian Boulder Sausage
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- To taste – fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- 1 cup of mild to hot (based on preference) hatch green chiles, roasted
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- Small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- ½ pound of ground pork
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- To season – cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper
Craft it your way!
We used Hot Italian to give it a BO
uLDER flavor. Boulder Sausage Hot Italian is authentically blended with peppers and all-natural spices, giving the dish excellent flavor without the need for additional seasoning. Although, for many, flavor preferences vary. Alternatively, use regular Italian Boulder Sausage for a milder flavor.
- Combine all ingredients
- Ball and place on a sheet tray
- Bake meatball in Jenn Air Convection Steam Oven on convection bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Aggressively brown the meat and add onions, garlic and cook until translucent
- Add cilantro, chilies, tomatoes, spices and chicken stock bring to a boil
- Simmer on Jenn Air Induction module for at least ½ an hour to desired consistency
Cooking with Mike Nelson
Recipe and video are provided courteous of Specialty Appliance and Denver Channel 7. Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.