Thanks to Pinch of Yum for the delicious recipe!
Green Chile Sausage Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
For the Pork:
1 tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 package Boulder Sausage Hatch Green Chile Brats, sliced into thin strips
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons water
For the Pineapple Salsa:
1 cup chopped pineapple
1 cup chopped cucumber
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup chopped red onion or shallot
a squeeze of lime juice
a pinch of salt
tortillas for serving
cilantro and lime for serving
chili sauce for topping (Mayo + Hot Sauce) – see notes
For the Boulder Sausage Hatch Green Chile Sausage:
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic, and jalapeño – saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the Sausage and the fish sauce – stir fry for a few minutes until the Sausage is no longer pink.
- With the heat very high, add the sugar and water and stir once – then let the Sausage caramelize by not stirring it for about 1 minute.
- Repeat this process until the Sausage is nice and golden brown.
For the salsa:
- Toss all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
For the chili sauce:
- Combine two parts mayo to one part hot sauce (alter ratio to desired flavor and hotness).
- Whisk to combine or shake in a jar.
- Add water if needed to thin out the consistency and drizzle over tacos.
For the tacos:
- Warm the tortillas quickly in a skillet with a little bit of oil.
- Arrange the Sausage strips between 6 tortillas and top with the salsa and the chili sauce.
Nutrition is for two tacos out of a total of six, and does not include chili mayo sauce.
For leftovers, store Sausage, salsa, and sauce separately.