Bratwurst and Apples
4 links BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Bratwursts
2 tablespoons water
1 medium onion
2 small red cooking apples
2 tablespoons of butter, divided
12 natural frozen potato wedges
¼ cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon caraway seed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In a large non-stick pan, cook sausage until there is no more remaining pink. Remove from pan and slice into half-inch pieces. Place cooked sausage and water into large non-stick pan; cover tightly and cook over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. While sausage cooks, cut onion into 12 wedges. Next, core apples and cut into 8 wedges. Once sausage is done remove from pan and put to the side. Pour off any drippings.
3. Using the same pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add apple and onion wedges. Cook for 4 minutes, until apples are tender. Remove from pan.
4. Add the remaining butter to pan and stir in potatoes. Over medium-high heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
5. In a bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and caraway seed. Reduce heat and add sausage, apples, onions, and vinegar mixture to pan and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 18 minutes – Total Time: 23 minutes – Yield: Serves 4