We teamed up with our friends over at Specialty Appliance and the one and only Slacker from Alice 105.9 to bring you some mouthwatering, chef-inspired meals that you can whip up right at home. In less than 30 minutes, you can have a tastier, healthier, and fresher meal – perfect for the midweek rush or to impress all your friends at an impromptu dinner. Swing by Safeway to pick up Boulder Sausage and all the ingredients.
- 1 Package Boulder Sausage® ground Hot Italian (or regular Italian if you prefer a milder flavor)
- 2 cups of Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 medium Shallot, diced
- 1/2 pound of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, diced
- 2oz grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2oz White Wine
- 1 box (approx. 10oz) dried Rigatoni pasta
- A few Fresh Basil Leaves, cut Chiffonade style
- Bring about 6 quarts of salted water to a boil, then cook pasta. Once cooked, strain pasta and toss in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Brown the sausage using high heat, cooking till mostly done. Then add the mushrooms, cooking them until mostly softened. Once softened, add the shallot and diced garlic.
- When the garlic becomes aromatic, add the white wine to deglaze the pan, making sure to get all the fond (stuck food) off of the pan.
- Reduce till wine is almost evaporated, then add tomato sauce and cream, bringing to a simmer.
- Once the sauce has reduced just a bit (after about 2 minutes), stir in the cooked pasta. Plate in a large wide bowl, garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese. Bring a large serving spoon and pass this one around the table – it won’t last long!