Whether you’re gluten free or not, we can all agree that most gluten free dishes don’t frequently taste very good and it’s not fair to anyone! Why should you be punished just because you have Celiac, gluten intolerance, or avoid gluten? And even though you’ve probably found yourself sucking it up and powering through those awful gluten free meals, your friends and family (who LOVE gluten) aren’t. So once again, your stuck making and eating “special” dishes – that don’t even taste good. It’s just not fair! So we set out on a mission to craft a series of completely Gluten Free dishes that everyone will enjoy, gluten free or not. To do this, we partnered with Boulder based Pieno Pasta – a shelf stable gluten free pasta. Give it a try and be the talk of the neighborhood at your next potluck with this mouthwatering dish, that’ll have everyone questioning if it was even gluten free.
Coloradan Joe says this about our BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Bratwursts: “The guys and I love having these when it gets warmer and we can go out and grill. That weather is sketchy now but don’t worry, I stocked up already on all the brats I need for the summer! Everyone treats it as BYOB – Bring Your Own Brats – and we share, but everyone loves the BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Bratwursts the most. They have a juicy, tender flavor that explodes with each bite. Our favorite thing to do is cook them in beer with sauerkraut. I am no ‘recipe’ guy but I wrote this up pretty easily. Dang, now I am so hungry I will be firing up the grill in the snow to eat some tonight!”
Simple Bratwurst and Sauerkraut Recipe
4 links BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Bratwursts
1 (12 ounce) bottled beer
1 cup sauerkraut
4 pretzel Buns
1. In a large saucepan, cover bratwursts with beer and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. To heat sauerkraut, place in sheet of foil and wrap tightly. Place on top rack above grill or use other source of indirect heat.
4. Place bratwursts on grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. For toasted buns, place face-down on grill a couple minutes prior to finishing the bratwursts.
6. When finished, serve with heated sauerkraut and any additional condiments you prefer. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 25 minutes – Total Time: 35 minutes – Yield: Serves 4