Whether you’re gluten free or not, we can all agree that most gluten free dishes don’t frequently taste very good and it’s not fair to anyone! Why should you be punished just because you have Celiac, gluten intolerance, or avoid gluten? And even though you’ve probably found yourself sucking it up and powering through those awful gluten free meals, your friends and family (who LOVE gluten) aren’t. So once again, your stuck making and eating “special” dishes – that don’t even taste good. It’s just not fair!
So we set out on a mission to craft a series of completely Gluten Free dishes that everyone will enjoy, gluten free or not. To do this, we partnered with Boulder based Pieno Pasta – a shelf stable gluten free pasta. Give it a try and be the talk of the neighborhood at your next potluck with this mouthwatering dish, that’ll have everyone questioning if it was even gluten free.
- 1 box Pieno Pasta
- 3 Boulder Sausage Hatch Green Chile Bratwursts sliced (see craft it your way)–>
- 1/2 head of Broccoli chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Craft it your way!
We used Hatch Green Chile Sausage to give it a BO
uLDER flavor. Boulder Sausage Green Chile Sausage is authentically blended with all-natural spices and fire-roasted Green Chiles directly from the Hatch Valley, giving the dish excellent flavor without the need for additional seasoning. Although, for many, flavor preferences vary. Alternatively, use Boulder Sausage Brats, Beer Brats, or Italian Sausage and season to taste with salt, pepper, & dried pepper flakes.
Note: we chose to use Links (Brats). Although to save a little time, you can always substitute ground.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, with a small amount of water in the pan. Add the Boulder Sausage and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, flipping occasionally.
- While the sausage is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil. Then, add the Pieno Pasta – cook until soft, approximately 7-9 minutes.
- Once sausage is fully cooked, carefully remove from the pan and slice.
- Add the chopped broccoli and garlic to skillet, along with a small amount of water if necessary (to prevent sticking). Cover the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes (to soften broccoli).
- Add the half & half to the skillet and allow to bubble for a couple of minutes. Then, add sliced sausage and strained pasta into skillet.
- Stir altogether, while mixing in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste and enjoy!
We’re committed to Gluten Free!
Gluten Free Pieno Pasta
For this recipe segment, we’re proud to work with Nature to Culture, a Boulder, Colorado based company who launched Pieno Pasta just last year. Pieno Pasta is a 100% Gluten Free, shelf stable pasta, made from green banana flour – completely free from grain & legume. Visit their website to learn more.
Boulder Sausage, Gluten Free
We know that for many of you, your family and friends comes first. Serving them fresh food with natural ingredients can be challenging, especially when diet restrictions are a concern. When you want to serve the best, we want to make it easy for you. You should be confident in your buying decisions, knowing that what you serve is healthy and nutritious, but also safe for your family members with allergy concerns and dietary restrictions.