At last! An entirely Gluten Free pasta dish that tastes good and it’s even a little healthier too. Boulder Sausage believes food should be about bringing everyone together and providing real nutritional content, without sacrificing taste. If either you, relatives, or friends are affected by Gluten, you know how hard it can be to find products & recipes that everyone will truly enjoy, whether they are Gluten Free or not. So, we partnered with Boulder based Pieno Pasta (more information below) to create truly Gluten Free recipes that are, as the Italians would say, delizioso. But don’t just take our word for it, invite the kin over and give them a try for yourself! You can always pick up Boulder Sausage Italian Sausage, Pieno Pasta, & everything else you need for this recipe at your Colorado Lucky’s Market!
- 1 box Pieno Pasta
- 6-8oz of Boulder Sausage Italian Sausage (see craft it your way)–>
- 1/2 Medium Onion (white) sliced
- 1 Green Pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp (Extra-Virgin) Olive Oil
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 mini-can Tomato Paste (4-6oz)
- 1 glove Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp shredded Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp shredded Fresh Oregano
- Salt, Pepper, and Dried Pepper Flakes – season to taste
Craft it your way!
We used Hot Italian to give it a BO
uLDER flavor. Boulder Sausage Hot Italian is authentically blended with peppers and all-natural spices, giving the dish excellent flavor without the need for additional seasoning. Although, for many, flavor preferences vary. Alternatively, use regular Italian Boulder Sausage and season to taste with salt, pepper, & dried pepper flakes.
We chose to use ground sausage for simplicity and timeliness, although substituting Dinner Links could be a money move.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add Boulder Sausage, onion, green pepper, and minced garlic.
- While the sausage/veggies are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Then, add Pieno Pasta. Cook until al dente (approximately 7-9 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Flip/stir sausage occasionally and cook until vegetables are tender and sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. If using links, once sausage is cooked – safely remove from pan, slice, and return it to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, paste, basil, and oregano. Heat thoroughly.
- Drain pasta and toss into sauce mixture. If the sauce is too thick to coat noodles, add a little water.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired and serve. Season to taste. Enjoy!
We’re committed to Gluten Free!
Gluten Free Pieno Pasta
For this recipe segment, we’re proud to work with Nature to Culture, a Boulder, Colorado based company who launched Pieno Pasta just last year. Pieno Pasta is a 100% Gluten Free, shelf stable pasta, made from green banana flour – completely free from grain & legume. Visit their website to learn more.
Boulder Sausage, Gluten Free
We know that for many of you, your family and friends comes first. Serving them fresh food with natural ingredients can be challenging, especially when diet restrictions are a concern. When you want to serve the best, we want to make it easy for you. You should be confident in your buying decisions, knowing that what you serve is healthy and nutritious, but also safe for your family members with allergy concerns and dietary restrictions.
Want more Gluten Free recipes?
We’ve partnered with Pieno Pasta to create a few other great Gluten Free recipes. Try them all:
Pieno Green Chile Sausage Cream
Pieno Bacon Carbonara