Spice up your game day with a creamy and spicy Chorizo Queso Dip! Perfect for a gathering of any sort, even if it’s not football related. The best part is that it is also wonderful to keep in a crock pot and bring it to a party or tailgate after making it. Let the chorizo queso dipping begin!
- 1 Tablespoon oil (your choice: vegetable, avocado, evoo)
- 5 ounces Boulder Sausage Chorizo
- 8 oz shredded Jalapeno Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Oaxaca Cheese
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cup of 505 Southwest Salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced Jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add oil
- Place one package of chorizo in, breaking it up as you cook
- Drain any fat once cooked and place the chorizo onto a plate with a paper towel on it to absorb any grease (rarely needed- Boulder Sausage is LEAN!)
- Add the chorizo to a cast iron skillet or a ceramic/glass baking dish and set aside
- Top the chorizo with the cheese and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Place on a trivet or heat-proof and top with chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, and serve with chips