Stouthwestern Dirty Rice
1 pound Boulder Sausage Green Chile breakfast Sausage
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 can black beans drained
1/2 cup diced green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning, like Tony Chachere’s
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan. Add onion, red pepper, celery and garlic, stirring often, until softened (about 5 minutes)
2. Add sausage and cook until no pink remains.
3. Add black beans and green chiles.
4. Add rice, broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered about 20-23 minutes or until rice is cooked.
5. Garnish with green onions and serve.
This is a variation of a classic dirty rice recipe found on spendwithpennies.com