Oktoberfest Stew with Sausage and Lager
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package of BOULDER SAUSAGE German rope or bratwurst, cut into bite-size slices
- 1 1/2 onion, sliced into thin semi-circles
- 1/2 head small cabbage, thinly sliced, or 6 oz of sauerkraut
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Left Hand Brewery’s OKTOBERFEST MÄRZEN LAGER
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed to bite-size pieces
- 2 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Grilled Sausage and Peaches With Pickled Peppers
This recipe is inspired by one we found in Food and Wine, but we changed it up a bit by grilling the peaches, and adjusting the pickled pepper recipe.
1. Thinly slice the peppers and onion. Mix the vinegars with agave, salt and 1/2 cup of water until the salt dissolves. Add the peppers and onion, cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
The employees here at BOULDER SAUSAGE want to share this delicious recipe with you. At our recent sausage potluck someone brought this tasty dish using our BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Hot Italian Sausage, and we couldn’t resist passing recipe cards around!
Italian Sausage with Bow-tie Pasta
1 lb. bow-tie pasta
1 cup olive oil
½ head garlic
½ red onion
½ bunch fresh basil
½ can yellow corn
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage (hot or mild)
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Pre-cook the Italian sausage (Pan-fry, bake, etc.) cut into circles or semi-circles.
- Chop garlic; put into a small bowl. Chop basil and add to garlic. Chop red onion; add to the garlic/basil. Add a little salt and pepper before covering the garlic basil & red onion with olive oil. Put bowl into the refrigerator and let sit.
- Boil pasta, rinse and drain. Toss pasta with sausage and oil/garlic mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If pasta is too dry, add more olive oil. Stir in Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 20 minutes – Total Time: 30 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage links (Hot or Regular)
1 lb. bow tie pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
15 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in large pot until tender. Remove sausage from skillet; cool slightly.
- Cut into ½ inch slices, and set aside. In the same skillet, heat olive oil. Add zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add Sausage, and heat through. Drain pasta; add sausage mixture. Mix well, and salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
*Add ½ cup of red wine to the vegetables while sautéing. Add chopped Red or Green bell peppers. Top with shredded Asiago Cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 30 minutes – Total Time: 40 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6