Italian Sausage Bread
1 loaf (1 lb) frozen bread dough
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian ground sausage
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb spice
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Defrost bread overnight in refrigerator or at room temperature (approximately 3 hours). Cook sausage in frying pan until brown and crumbly. Remove from heat, drain and let cool.
- Beat 1 egg; blend with sausage, Italian herb spices and mozzarella cheese.
- On a floured surface, roll and stretch bread dough into a large rectangle (about 5″x16″). Spoon sausage mixture evenly over dough, staying within ½ inch of the edges.
- Roll dough starting from the long side (creating a long roll approximately 16″ long). Shape dough into a ring on a greased baking sheet. Pinch ends together to firmly seal the ring. Lightly cut top of ring with 1/2 deep cuts about 4 inches apart.
- Beat remaining egg, brush over bread ring and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let bread rise in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes. Bake bread at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Submitted by: Jenny of Longmont
Prep Time: 180 minutes – Cook Time: 80 minutes – Total Time: 260 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-8