Italian Sausage over Pasta
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian sausage links
14 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 ounces whole black olives, pitted
¼ tablespoon oregano
½ tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon basil
½ tablespoon onion powder
- In a large, high-sided, frying pan, pan fry Italian sausage a bit over medium heat, when mostly cooked, transfer to a cutting board and slice into ½ inch pieces.
- Return sausage chunks to pan, and add in fresh sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle in oregano, garlic powder, basil, and onion powder and sauté until mushrooms are nicely browned and the sausage is fully cooked.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes. Heat through. Then add black olives and heat through again.
- Serve as is, over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
* Alternatively – you can cook spaghetti squash, and use the strands as ‘noodles’ for a very healthy, low-carb meal.
Submitted by: Sara W. of Longmont
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 15 minutes – Total Time: 20 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6