At last! An entirely Gluten Free pasta dish that tastes good and it’s even a little healthier too. Boulder Sausage believes food should be about bringing everyone together and providing real nutritional content, without sacrificing taste. If either you, relatives, or friends are affected by Gluten, you know how hard it can be to find products & recipes that everyone will truly enjoy, whether they are Gluten Free or not. So, we partnered with Boulder based Pieno Pasta to create truly Gluten Free recipes that are, as the Italians would say, delizioso. But don’t just take our word for it, invite the kin over and give them a try for yourself!
The employees here at BOULDER SAUSAGE want to share this delicious recipe with you. At our recent sausage potluck someone brought this tasty dish using our BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Hot Italian Sausage, and we couldn’t resist passing recipe cards around!
Italian Sausage with Bow-tie Pasta
1 lb. bow-tie pasta
1 cup olive oil
½ head garlic
½ red onion
½ bunch fresh basil
½ can yellow corn
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage (hot or mild)
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Pre-cook the Italian sausage (Pan-fry, bake, etc.) cut into circles or semi-circles.
- Chop garlic; put into a small bowl. Chop basil and add to garlic. Chop red onion; add to the garlic/basil. Add a little salt and pepper before covering the garlic basil & red onion with olive oil. Put bowl into the refrigerator and let sit.
- Boil pasta, rinse and drain. Toss pasta with sausage and oil/garlic mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If pasta is too dry, add more olive oil. Stir in Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 20 minutes – Total Time: 30 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Amanda from South Dakota sends in this recipe to us with a raving review. “I LOVE BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausages! But what I think a lot of people don’t realize is you can mix it up with other meats, too. I like to add it to a shrimp and kale salad and love the zing from yellow cherry tomatoes that burst in your mouth with the shrimp and sausage bites. Go BOULDER SAUSAGE!”
Hot Italian Sausage with Shrimp and Kale Salad
1 tablespoon butter
½ pack of yellow tomatoes (cut in half)
2 large, chopped garlic cloves
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 ¼ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 bunches of kale, chopped roughly into large pieces
Finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1T butter. Add 2 large, finely chopped garlic cloves sauté and stir for a minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
2. Mix in sausage and cook until brown, 5-6 minutes, Add 1 1/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp is just cooked through – about 4 minutes.
3. Add 1 bunch of chopped kale and toss until it starts to wilt. Then add 1 more bunch of chopped kale, toss until that starts to wilt, and remove from the heat. Top with grated parmesan and yellow halved tomatoes and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 25 minutes – Total Time: 35 minutes – Yield: Serves 4
Stacey from Colorado sent us this recipe. “I have picky children who don’t want to eat healthy food, ever. Getting them to eat something like wild rice that looks different is hard, but when I have BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausages cooked with the meal, they love every single bite and are willing to try new things when it means they get BOULDER SAUSAGE brand sausages with it.”
Hot Italian Sausage with Wild Rice and Basmati Pilaf
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 links BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausages, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
¾ cup basmati rice
¾ cup wild rice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the wild rice and cook until just tender, about 40 minutes; drain. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Pour off all but about 3 tablespoons of the drippings, set aside sausage and keep warm.
3. Add thyme. Stir in the basmati rice and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 1/3 cup. Water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, 5 minutes.
4. Fluff the basmati rice with a fork, and then stir in the prepared wild rice and the parsley. Season with salt and pepper, once plated assemble sliced hot Italian sausage over top.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 50 minutes – Total Time: 60 minutes – Yield: Serves 6-8