Strawberry Spinach Salad with Bacon
For the Salad
- 6 to 6 slices of BOULDER SAUSAGE Uncured Bacon
- 8 cups chopped spinach
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 chopped onion
For the HONEY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I use extra virgin)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh black pepper
1. Whisk Olive oil, balsamic, honey, and dijon mustard together in a bowl. Taste, then add salt and pepper as needed. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the salad.
2. Fry bacon in a pan until crisp. Chop into crumbles.
3. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Spread pecans on top of baking sheet and toast for 7-8 minutes. Allow them to cool. Chop into crumbles like the bacon
4. Slice strawberries, onion, and spinach. Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Add salad dressing to taste.
5. Plate and serve. Works as a starter or as a main course.
Prep Time: 30 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 40 minutes – Yield: Serves 6-8