Sausage-Stuffed Crescent Cornucopias
4 BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked
¼ cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 8 oz. can crescent dinner rolls
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Chop cooked sausage into small pieces and add to large bowl. Mix in cheese and cranberries.
- Separate and lay out each piece of crescent dough. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of sausage mixture into center.
- Wrap filling with one far corner of dough and tuck in lightly, pressing the edges to center triangle to seal.
- Wrap the other far corner around the sealed filling, leaving filling slightly exposed. Lightly press bottom lip of filling opening to create a reservoir for more.
- Fill enlarged crescent cornucopias with remaining sausage mixture and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 30 minutes – Total Time: 45 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Sausage French Toast Cups
6 cups cinnamon bread, cubed
14 oz. BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Breakfast Sausage
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffin cups. Mix cooked sausage and bread cubes together lightly.
- Scoop slightly less than 1 cup of mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Pour egg mixture over each bread and sausage-filled cup, making sure not to let them overflow.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, and/or maple syrup. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 160 minutes – Total Time: 170 minutes – Yield: Serves 6-8
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Ground Breakfast Sausage
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat until all pink is gone. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add flour to sausage, little by little. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk. Continue cooking as gravy thickens, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper and continue cooking until gravy reaches desired consistency.
- Serve gravy over warmed biscuits and enjoy immediately!
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 20 minutes – Yield: Serves 6-8
Swedish Potato Sausage
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Breakfast ground sausage
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 lb. baby red potatoes, shredded fine
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat and drain.
- Mix all ingredients together and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over noodles and with white gravy and enjoy!
*For meatloaf cook in loaf pan at 350° F for 50 minutes or until center is done.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10-60 minutes – Total Time: 20-70 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Breakfast Sausage Turkey Stuffing
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Breakfast Sausage
3 small pkgs. herb seasoned dressing mix
2 cups chopped celery
1 4oz. can of mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon ground sage
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ sticks butter or margerine
3 ½ cups water
- Cook sausage until lightly browned, crumble into small pieces. Combine browned sausage with celery, onion, butter, mushrooms and seasonings with 3 1/2 cups water.
- Simmer for 25 miutes, remove from heat, mix with herb seasoned dressing mix. This recipe will stuff a 20-24 lb. turkey. Our favorite way is to serve it as a side dish without stuffing the turkey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 20 minutes – Total Time: 30 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Kidney Bean Chowder
2 packs BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Ground Breakfast Sausage
2 cans kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon thyme
1 green pepper
1 cup diced Potatoes
1 quart water
- Cook sausage until brown, pour off any excess fat.
- In large kettle combine beans, tomatoes, water, onions, bay leaf and rest of seasoning; add sausage, simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and green pepper, cook until potatoes are tender, then add beans.
Submitted by: Ray from Arvada
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 90 minutes – Total Time: 100 minutes – Yield: Serves 8
Breakfast Sausage Sandwich
6 English muffins
6 slices Muenster cheese
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Ground Breakfast Sausage
- Form sausageinto 6 equal patties, fry on medium heat until center is brown. Fry or poach eggs to your liking.
- Toast English muffin and spread with butter. Add sausage, egg, and a slice of cheese.
*These Breakfast sandwiches can be prepared ahead, keep frozen, microwave later.
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 15 minutes – Yield: Serves 6
Breakfast Quiche (With Low Carb Option)
4 large eggs
½ cup half and half or cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium diced onion
3 cups shredded cheese, cheddar, muenster or ranchero
½ BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Chorizo or ground breakfast sausage, cooked
1-4 ounces green chilies diced and drained
Foil for LOW CARB (No shell is used with “low carb” variety) or 1 frozen deep dish pie shell (for regular recipe)
½ cup each sour cream or fresh salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. For “Low-Carb” line a 9” pie shell with foil. (For the standard recipe use one frozen shell.) The rest of recipe is the same for both varieties.
- Sauté onions in butter and pour into “shell”. Spread sausage and green chilies over onion. Spread cheese evenly over mixture. Blend eggs with cream and pour over the cheese.
- Place on cookie sheet to prevent overflow. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 350. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa. Serve with fresh Fruit and black beans. Recipe may be prepared ahead.
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 55 minutes – Total Time: 70 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6