Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Bacon and Chickpeas
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
The employees here at BOULDER SAUSAGE want to share this delicious recipe with you. At our recent sausage potluck someone brought this tasty dish using our BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Hot Italian Sausage, and we couldn’t resist passing recipe cards around!
Italian Sausage with Bow-tie Pasta
1 lb. bow-tie pasta
1 cup olive oil
½ head garlic
½ red onion
½ bunch fresh basil
½ can yellow corn
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage (hot or mild)
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Pre-cook the Italian sausage (Pan-fry, bake, etc.) cut into circles or semi-circles.
- Chop garlic; put into a small bowl. Chop basil and add to garlic. Chop red onion; add to the garlic/basil. Add a little salt and pepper before covering the garlic basil & red onion with olive oil. Put bowl into the refrigerator and let sit.
- Boil pasta, rinse and drain. Toss pasta with sausage and oil/garlic mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If pasta is too dry, add more olive oil. Stir in Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 20 minutes – Total Time: 30 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-6
Linda from New Mexico – “I try to eat healthy, and the fact that BOULDER SAUSAGE makes its Italian Sausage with lean cuts of pork means I can eat a hearty meal without loading on the calories. When I want to splurge a little, I make this pasta dish with BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage.”
Italian Sausage with Ziti, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
4 links BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian Sausage
4 ounces uncooked ziti
½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 tablespoons half-and-half
1 cup fresh spinach
1. Place sausage in skillet over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is evenly brown, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in spinach and pasta; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing occasionally.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 25 minutes – Total Time: 35 minutes – Yield: Serves 4
Homemade Pizza w/ Italian Sausage and Fresh Basil
½ recipe Basic Pizza Dough (premade), or use store bought pizza dough
1 cup tomato sauce
6-8 halves slow roasted tomatoes, depending on size
8 ounces Boulder Sausage (Hot or Regular) Italian ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
6-8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped fairly fine
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
a pinch of sea salt
⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Prepare pizza dough as directed or use purchased roll of pizza dough.
2. While dough is rising, prepare sauce; combine garlic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Place a pizza stone or pan on a rack in the lower third of your oven. Preheat the oven to 475°F for 30 minutes, you want the stone to be blazing hot (this simulates a pizza oven).
4. Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper about the size of your pizza stone lightly with cornmeal and place it on a pizza paddle or on a large cutting board. Set aside.
5. On a slightly floured work surface, flatten the dough with your hands. Start at the center and work outwards, using your fingers to press and stretch the dough outwards to a 10-12 inch circle. If the dough resists stretching, let it rest for a few minutes, this relaxes the gluten in the flour and makes the dough easier to work with.
6. Fold dough in half and then in quarters and transfer to prepared parchment paper. Unfold dough and reshape as needed,
7. Spread dough evenly with sauce and then distribute the mozzarella on top. Nestle Italian sausage and slow roasted tomatoes in between the slices of cheese. Let pizza rest for 20-30 minutes before placing in oven.
8. Carefully open oven and slide parchment paper and dough onto the preheated stone. Bake for 5- 7 minutes or until golden brown. Check after 5 minutes and turn pizza if one side is getting too brown.
9. Remove pizza from oven, cut and enjoy!
Spicy Sausage, Mustard Greens and Cauliflower Skillet
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian sausages, sliced ½ inch thick
2 cups cauliflower florets
A pinch of salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 generous bunches mustard greens and/or kale, tough stems removed
1 cup cherry tomatoes
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage in one layer and cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once. With a slotted spoon transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- If the skillet is dry, add 1 more tablespoon oil. Add the cauliflower and a sprinkle of salt; sauté until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the greens, ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, paprika and black pepper. Sauté until the greens are tender and bright in color, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sausage. Cover partially, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm with couscous and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 20 minutes – Yield: Serves 4
Cornbread Stuffing With Apple and Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package BOULDER SAUSAGE Bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped sage leaves
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 1/4 pounds cubed and dried cornbread stuffing, store-bought
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups turkey or low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in 12-inch skillet.
Cook sausage for 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Add onions and celery and saute until softened. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix in apples, thyme and sage and saute for another 2 minutes. Add bourbon. *Cook’s Note: When adding alcohol take pan off flame. Allow to simmer until bourbon is almost evaporated; 1 to 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, add cornbread stuffing, parsley, chicken stock, eggs and pecans. Mix well. Mix in vegetable mixture to bowl. Combine and stir well together. Add to a large casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Sausage and Zucchini Soup
2 packs BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian ground sausage
2 cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of water (after emptying out the Tomato Sauce, fill the can with water)
1 can of stewed tomatoes
4 green zucchinis
4 yellow zucchinis
4 Mexican zucchinis
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
2 orange peppers
1 celery stalk
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/8 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and cook sausage until browned.
- Add sausage to large pot with tomato sauce.
- Add water, stewed tomatoes, zucchini and peppers.
- Add seasonings and let cook on low for 30 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 35 minutes – Total Time: 50 minutes – Yield: Serves 6-8
Low Carb BOULDER SAUSAGE Pizza
8 6-inch low-carb tortillas
4 teaspoons olive oil
A dash of garlic salt
½ teaspoon marjoram
½ teaspoon Basil
I med Tomato towel dried
½ medium red or white onion
1 pack BOULDER SAUSAGE brand Italian ground sausage, cooked
1 lb. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas on a cookie sheet, avoid over-lapping.
- In small bowl combine olive oil, garlic salt marjoram and basil together. Brush lightly over tortilla shells. Place onions, sausages and any optional ingredients on top of oiled tortilla, cover with cheese
- Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese melts and begins to brown, Serve hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 20 minutes – Yield: Serves 4-8
Sausage N Peppers Potato Skins
Toppings: BOULDER SAUSAGE Bulk Italian Sausage (Hot or Mild) and Sauteed onions, green peppers and fresh cheddar cheese. Use BOULDER SAUSAGE ChorizoBulk to spice it up.
How to Make Classic Potato Skins:
Pierce 4 large russet potatoes with a fork. Bake directly on the oven rack at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 hour, let cool. Cook Sausage, onions and green peppers in skillet while potato’s cool. Then quarter potato’s lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Brush both sides with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake, skin-side up, at 450 degrees until crisp, about 20 minutes. Add your favorite toppings. (For cheesy skins, flip the baked shells over before topping, sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and bake an extra 5 minutes.)